Sr NodeJS Developer (Berlin)
German company providing solutions for improving agility and effectiveness in product development, infrastructure and IT projects. Customers use the software suite to plan and control the development of demanding projects. It integrates suppliers and development partners in end-to-end value networks with a uniform database, thus ensuring highly efficient collaboration in the project organization.
Among the company the customers, you can find Audi, General Motors, MTU Aero Engines, Rolls-Royce and Volkswagen.
About the project
At our innovation center in Berlin, multiple Scrum teams work on the product development, a complete re-writing the system based on contemporary technologies and processes. We use Node.js and Couchbase and have very high standards when it comes to code quality, unit tests, and continuous integration.
All developers work on all layers of the stack to implement a feature. Shared code ownership is our principle. The majority of the code is written in pair programming sessions to accelerate the distribution of knowledge among team members. We heavily use and contribute to open source, our repositories are hosted on GitHub - we are social coders.
You will be in charge of:
- You support one of our teams in developing our project management application software
- Using technologies like Node.js and Couchbase, you extend our highly scalable, stateless application server
- You use tools like Docker, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Fluentd and Kibana for development as well as production
- You write modular, easy-to- maintain code
- You don't hesitate to write unit-tests
Would you like to work on a popular product using modern technologies and agile methodologies?
Do you like to be surrounded by talented people with whom you can share your knowledge? Do you enjoy working in a pleasant environment?
Then you should continue reading!
- You are dedicated to writing high-quality code
- You feel the urge to be part of creating the best product on the market
- You are curious, open-minded and eager to learn new stuff
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge
- You want to be part of a large-scale, long-term software project
- You are experienced with Node.js, Express, Promises and Generators
- If you encounter terms that are new to you, you don't hesitate to look them up
- If you do not need to look up & CAP Theorem and Eventual Consistency, you are a perfect candidate!
- You have an Open Source mindset
- If you already have some experience with Docker, that's a plus
- You either worked in the software industry before for a couple of years or you are part of a long-term Open Source project
What is in it for you:
- 28 days annual leave;
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours;
- Energy of a start-up & stability of an established operation;
- Cooperative&friendly colleagues;
- Free fruits&drinks;
- Regular team events;
- Many learning opportunities & trainings;
- Competitive salary;
- A Scrum process with flat hierarchies & rapid decision-making;
- An awesome team that works on rewriting a well-established software.
If the vacancy is interesting for you, you can apply through the site as well as contact me to for more details.