Senior С/C++ developer
Daxx is a leading Dutch IT company that offers dedicated team IT services to international IT companies working with the latest technologies. Senior С/C++ developer.
About the company
Our customer's clients are mostly large international enterprises including Fortune 500 companies. Product: multiplatform real-time database replication.
The head office is located in Amsterdam and a sales office in the USA.
Engineering team: currently team of 13 highly qualified and experienced engineers of different nationality. Ukraine team is 4 people now, including QA automation engineer.
About the project
The initial project is for log-based capture from DB2 on AS400.
Later projects could include drivers for No-SQL databases, or other traditional databases like Sybase or DB2 on zOS.
Software is a "one product company". It is an Agile organization with a clear vision on product roadmap. Building new features vary between days and several months (AS 400 connectivity is a relatively large project which will take many months).
The smaller features you will do by yourself with guidance from an experienced colleague. Bigger features will be done in a small team. We expect a high level of self-propelling capabilities and high quality of design and coding. At the same time there is lots of interaction and discussion.
- University educated software engineer with above average grades.
- Software Architecture/Engineering/Design
- High quality and efficient programming in C / C + +
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of complex structures and pointers, algorithms, object orientation, exceptions, memory management techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of relational Databases in general, SQL language, DBMS call-level interface (e.g. ODBC or Oracle OCI), DBMS logging and locking is a benefit.
- Specific experience of programming on AS/400 is a benefit.
- Good command of English
- Willingness to travel
Nice to have: Java, Python experience
The developer will mainly design, build and test new database drivers to new platforms. These drivers are sub-classes of existing database connection C/C++ class. These drivers depend on two API's; the first is ODBC. The second API's is internal for capturing from DBMS logging systems.
What we offer:
- A professional environment with great people to work with!
- Opportunities to make a difference, to develop and grow
- Work in distributed agile teams with the right processes in place
- Your opinion matters. You are encouraged to contribute to the processes in the team and the end product architecture
- Direct cooperation with the customer
- Regular business trips to work on-site
- Dedicated HR-client Manager and agile coach to help you succeed
- Regular performance reviews with the customer facilitated by HR
- Agile trainings and mentorship programs, various tech trainings, conferences participation and English classes
- Regular corporate events, team pizza lunches and Friday company breakfasts